Looking for the best ChatGPT alternatives?
More and more people are turning to AI chatbots like ChatGPT to help with all sorts of tasks. But what if ChatGPT isn’t the perfect fit for you?
We don’t like ChatGPT that much. Sometimes, the information is old, it can give biased answers too, and it has many filters.
But don’t worry! There are lots of other great options out there.
To make your life easier, we’ve gathered a list of the best alternatives to ChatGPT.
These chatbots are smart, helpful, and ready to assist you in getting your work done faster and better.
So, keep reading our unbiased and unsponsored take to find your next favorite AI chatbot other than ChatGPT!
Best ChatGPT Alternatives
If you’re looking for general ChatGPT alternatives because you don’t want to spend $20 every month or you’re not able to buy ChatGPT Plus, then this list is for you.
Here are some of the best ChatGPT alternatives that you can try if ChatGPT is not what you like:
Chatsonic, powered by GPT-4, is a chatbot that aims to overcome the limitations of ChatGPT. It offers real-time data, image and voice searches, and a wide range of content creation abilities.
Chatsonic is an AI writing tool that offers an unlimited plan for just $16 per month, making it the most affordable option compared to ChatGPT.
Why Try Chatsonic as an Alternative to ChatGPT
You can use Chatsonic to find accurate information online and avoid making mistakes. AI chatbots remember conversations and use them to keep talking to you.
In our opinion, you should try using ChatSonic instead of ChatGPT. It is a great alternative that you might find more valuable as we have tried it among all the other tools in this list and found that Chatsonic performs far better than any other AI chatbot. And the best part is it costs $4 less than ChatGPT, making this a worthy ChatGPT alternative.
Though you may find many free options, too, our advice would be to go with Chatsonic and try this ChatGPT alternative.
- Low Cost: At just $16 per month, it’s cheaper than ChatGPT but offers as much or even more.
- Google Know-How: Chatsonic uses Google’s Knowledge Graph. That means you get up-to-date and correct info anytime.
- Fun Personas: You can talk to it like it’s a coach, a poet, or even a stand-up comedian! Makes chatting more fun.
- AI Art: Unlike ChatGPT, Chatsonic can make art from text. Just type something and see it turn into a cool image.
- Smart Memory: It remembers your past chats, which is super useful for keeping the conversation flowing.
- More than Text: You can also use voice commands, a step from just typing.
- Easy to Use Anywhere: Got a phone? You can use Chatsonic. There’s an Android app that makes it a breeze to use on the go.
- DIY Chatbots: If you have a business, you can make your own chatbot with Botsonic. No need for coding!
ChatSonic offers a tiered pricing model to cater to different needs, which is fairly competitive in the market. When you sign up for a trial, you can access 10,000 premium words at no cost.
If you already have a word balance on Chatsonic and would like to generate more, you can easily do so.
In addition, a subscription option for $16/month provides access to an infinite supply of premium words.
When you think about AI-driven chat tools, the focus usually shifts to Google and OpenAI.
But Microsoft Bing has shown it’s not one to be overlooked. Offering an AI model that rivals ChatGPT, Microsoft has released an upgraded version of Bing that features their AI chat engine, codenamed “Sydney.”
Originally announced as the “Prometheus model,” it was later confirmed that the tech behind it is none other than GPT-4.
Why Try Microsoft Bing as an Alternative to ChatGPT
For those who seek a search engine and a conversational AI bot in one, Bing provides this with finesse.
The new Bing also features a Chat mode, which allows users to engage in contextual conversations based on web queries. The service also offers multimodal capabilities, visual answers, and enhanced accuracy.
What makes it even more comparable to ChatGPT is its feature set, which includes abilities to plan trips, find recipes, and offer advice.
Previously available only via a waitlist, Bing’s chat engine is now public.
- Powered by GPT-4: This ensures the chat experience is as fluid and conversational as ChatGPT.
- Visual Input and Output: Unlike some other chatbots, Bing also supports visual queries and can provide visual answers.
- Internet Connectivity: Bing AI is hooked to the web, delivering the latest information on any subject matter.
- Chat History: Bing keeps a history of your chats so that you can return to them later.
- Different Chat Modes: Bing offers different conversational styles, making it versatile for various users.
- Cites Sources: One standout feature is that Bing credits the sources from where it pulls information, providing an extra layer of trust.
One of the best parts? Bing is free to use. So, if you’re looking for a no-cost alternative to ChatGPT, Bing offers a compelling case.
3. Google Bard
There are now a lot of new AI conversational apps, but Google Bard an excellent alternative to ChatGPT after Microsoft’s Bing Chat.
It uses LAMDA (Language Model for Dialogue Applications) to have deep and long talks with users.
Why Try Google Bard as an Alternative to ChatGPT
Google Bard presents itself as an intriguing alternative to ChatGPT, particularly for those who are already invested in Google’s ecosystem of products and services.
Google Bard is also meant to be very good at understanding context and producing text that makes sense and is relevant to the context.
- Text and Image Uploads: Unlike other alternatives, Bard accepts both text and image inputs, making it a multi-modal chatbot. This opens doors to diverse use cases, from visual searches to image-based Q&As.
- Real-time Research: Google’s extensive database is a treasure trove of information. Bard taps into this to deliver answers that are accurate and incredibly exhaustive.
- PaLM 2-Powered: Bard relies on Google’s next-gen PaLM 2 language and conversational model, which offers a more refined conversational experience compared to its predecessors.
- Export Capabilities: Whether you’re a coder or a content creator, Bard’s export options are a boon. You can export your interactions to Google Docs or Colab, enhancing workflow efficiency.
- Multilingual Support: Bard’s language capabilities are not confined to English. It supports multiple languages, making it an ideal tool for global users.
As of now, Google Bard is free of cost since it is an experimental project. Google has not disclosed any future pricing plans, making it an attractive option for budget-conscious users.
4. Claude AI
The fourth alternative to ChatGPT that is gained a lot of users in the past month is Claude AI, developed by Anthropic.
With enhanced features and capabilities, Claude 2 takes the user experience to a new level. The company, which has received support from Google, positions itself as a direct competitor to OpenAI. Claude does not traditionally use the LLM model.
The product utilizes unique AI techniques, referred to as “proprietary,” which encompass a neural network, training data, and other undisclosed components.
Why Try Claude AI as an Alternative to ChatGPT
ClaudeAI is cool and does some things better than ChatGPT. First, you can add files like Word or PDFs. Claude reads them and then talks to you about them. This is something ChatGPT can’t do. You can ask Claude questions about the file you uploaded, and it understands what you’re asking.
Another cool thing is Claude can handle a lot of words. You can chat about many things at once, and it will not forget what it said earlier.
It’s like talking to a friend who listens. That’s because Claude uses 100K tokens, way more than ChatGPT’s 8K.
Claude knows things that happened up to early 2023, so it has fresher info than ChatGPT. If you want to know about new phones or events, Claude is better.
But be careful with links. Claude tries to tell you what a website says, but sometimes it gets wrong. So don’t trust it too much for this. Still, Claude has a lot going for it, and it is a good option if you need to upload files or want more recent information.
- Big Chat Window: Claude’s got a 100k context window. What does that mean? It means it remembers a lot of what you said, so you don’t have to keep repeating yourself.
- Book Smart: You can load a whole library of books into Claude. So, if you’re a book lover, you and Claude will get along just fine.
- File Uploads: You can even send PDF files to Claude. I’ll read them and chat about it with you.
- Safe and Sound: Claude is designed to be super safe to use. That’s a big deal if you’re worried about that kind of thing.
Guess what? Claude is free right now if you’re in certain countries.
But they also have some plans where you pay based on how much you chat. It’s cheaper than GPT-4, so that’s something to consider if you’re watching your wallet.
5. Poe AI
Poe is a popular chatbot website that uses artificial intelligence to answer questions as quickly as possible. This unique Quora product is built on OpenAI GPT and Claude-version 1.2.
Why Try Poe AI as an Alternative to ChatGPT
Poe AI is the brainchild of Quora’s CEO, Adam D’Angelo. His aim? To make bots easy for all to use. Poe AI offers something different in a busy field of bots like Google Bard and Bing AI.
However, it’s not free right now as you can only type 2 to 3 messages per day, and it costs $19/month, but it has some good reviews.
The reason why it ranks so low on our list is that it lacks a lot of features that Chatsonic or Microsoft Bing AI Chat provides.
- Multiple Bots in One App: Poe offers access to various bots like ChatGPT, GPT-4, Claude Plus, and Claude Instant, all in one interface.
- Mobile-Friendly: Poe’s mobile app makes it easy to chat on the go, a feature that many users find convenient compared to web-only interfaces.
- Subscription Plans: Poe provides a Pro service at $19.99 a month, which removes daily message limits and offers premium features.
- Bot Recommendations: Poe aims to guide users in selecting the most appropriate bot for specific tasks, like writing or programming.
- Inter-Device Sync: The app syncs all your chat data across different devices, so you can pick up right where you left off.
- User-Created Bots: Poe allows you to create and customize your own bots for unique use cases.
Poe’s Pro service is priced at $19.99 a month. This gives you more access to bots. It’s a decent deal if you plan to use bots a lot.
6. Jasper Chat
Jasper is a powerful tool that makes different kinds of content using AI. Recently, they made Jasper Chat, which is like ChatGPT but mainly for businesses like marketing and ads.
It can create blog posts, suggest titles, make emails sound nice, and do other writing jobs.
It can even make pictures for your stuff. Jasper Chat is built to help with writing, marketing, and sales. It uses GPT-3.5, like ChatGPT, and some other AI tech. It’s great for customer service, sales, and marketing tasks.
Why Try Jasper as an Alternative to ChatGPT
Jasper Chat, ranked 6th among ChatGPT alternatives, is a helpful tool for content creators. It’s part of the Jasper suite of AI tools and can do many things. It can write blog articles, suggest catchy titles, and even create AI art.
One cool thing about Jasper Chat is that it works in 29 languages, so it’s great for people worldwide. It also remembers past conversations, so it feels like a real chat. You can even teach it to sound like your brand.
However, it’s not perfect. Sometimes, it makes mistakes, so you might need to check its work. Also, it’s not free; you must pay at least $59 monthly. But if you’re serious about making content, it could be worth it.
In short, Jasper Chat is a useful tool for content creators. It might not be the best in every way, but it’s an excellent all-around choice.
- Multilingual Support: Jasper Chat can generate content in 29 different languages.
- Context Memory: The chatbot remembers previous interactions for more coherent and context-aware conversations.
- Brand Training: Users can train Jasper to align with their specific brand voice.
- Content Variety: Jasper can produce a wide range of content, from blog articles to AI-generated art.
Jasper Chat is available to paid subscribers through Jasper’s Business and Boss plans. The Boss plan starts at $59 per month, offering a range of premium features, including the chatbot.
Although there is no free tier specifically for Jasper Chat, the company does offer a 5-day trial to let users explore its capabilities before committing to a subscription.
ChatGPT Alternatives Comparison Table
|Features / Chatbots||Chatsonic||Microsoft Bing||Google Bard||Claude AI||Poe AI||Jasper Chat|
|Cost||✅ $16/month||✅ Free||✅ Free||✅ Free (Limited)||❌ $19.99/month||❌ $59/month|
|Image Search||✅||✅ Visual Input||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Memory||✅||✅ Chat History||❌||✅ 100K Tokens||❌||✅|
Which is The Best ChatGPT Alternative?
Honorable Mention: Jasper
If cost were not a factor, Jasper would be a strong contender for the top spot. Its capabilities are quite similar to those of Writesonic, including excellent text generation and customization features.
However, the pricing model makes it a less accessible option for some users, especially those on a budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Best Alternatives to ChatGPT for Text Generation?
If you’re exploring options beyond ChatGPT for text and chat generation, Writesonic and Jasper are currently leading the pack. Writesonic offers a rich feature set that includes chat functionalities and tools for content creation like blog posts, articles, and social media updates. Jasper is another excellent choice, especially if pricing isn’t a concern.
Why is Writesonic Considered the Best ChatGPT Alternative?
Writesonic stands out for its high-quality text generation, intuitive user interface, customization options, and flexible pricing plans. It’s an all-in-one solution for various content creation needs, making it a versatile choice for individuals and businesses alike.
And that’s the end of this article. We hope this post helps you choose the best alternative similar to ChatGPT.
If you have any questions or are stuck at any point making the right decision, please comment below. GreatAIPrompts community is always here for your help.
Check out more guides: